Sunday, November 10, 2013

Good Morning Bonsai Enthusiasts, What a beautiful morning!!!! Two reminders: 1.) Our November meeting will be held this Wednesday evening from 7PM to 9PM at Clover Garden Center. We have a guest speaker, a friend of mine named Jack Labor who is a photographer. He will discuss techniques for taking good photos of our bonsai to include lighting, placement, background, etc. After his presentation, he will set up a place to take formal photos of our bonsai. So, if you have one or two favorite bonsai and you would like a “Playboy” shot which you can print out and frame, to place somewhere in your home, now is the time. Jack will E-Mail the photo too you. He is charging $10.00 per photo. I am bringing two of my trees all cleaned up and ready to go. We will also have a bonsai auction of trees, pots, tools, etc. What ever you wish to auction off, with proceeds going to the BSSJ treasury. I am bringing a young, collected Liquid Amber sapling in a mica pot. Look forward to seeing you on Wednesday. 2.) Election for President and Vice President will close on Friday, November 15th. If you have not yet voted for the posts of President and Vice President, please do so or forever hold your peace. J I will announce the results of the election on Saturday, November 16th and give out the names of the candidates for the four Steering Committee positions at that time. Voting for them will close on Saturday, November 30th. If you have misplaced the names of the candidates for President and Vice President, let me know and I will resend them too you. Big freeze coming next week, prepare accordingly. One last thing, I have changed from Verizon to Comcast. My new E-Mail address is thomasrose143@comcast.net. Please change accordingly. I will be phasing out my Verizon address next week. Sincerely, Tom De Simone President Bonsai Society of South Jersey

No comments:

Post a Comment